The Knolyx platform has been created in order to deliver e-learning content and because of that, you can create through Knolyx courses and other types of materials for learning.
In order to create courses, with the Trainer or Creator Role, you can access from the main menu Library- Courses.
Courses can be easily created by going in the top menu at the “Courses” section and then click on the button “Add course”. A new page will appear, with the details of the course.
- Title - The name of the course
- Image - An image that reflects the main idea of the course, one already specific to the chosen business category or to be uploaded by the creator
- Type - select the type of course
- Online: for online
- Offline: for courses that are on-site
- Live: for live courses
In the details section, multiple information is needed to be introduced for creating a course, such as:
- Keywords - A word or more words that define the main ideas of the course in order to make it more easy to search for it afterward. To define a word you need to type the word in the keywords box and press Enter.
- Trainers - Each organization will have a list of trainers defined. The trainer can be signed to the course by typing his/her name in the search bar.
- Category - Each organization must define the categories of courses that will be created, which are related to the company industry. For example, we could use the following categories of courses for an IT company: management, development, testing, etc.
- Language - Select the language of the course, Romanian/English/ Hungarian/ Russian/ German/ Dutch.
- Description - A summary of the course by explaining the main ideas of the course
- Level - The level of the course, for example, beginner, intermediate, advanced or expert.
- Audience - The people targeted to take this course, defined mostly by position and interests
- Requirements - The competencies/abilities that a participant must have in order to participate in the course
- Objectives - The goals that must be achieved by the end of the course
The fields that have * represents the field that is mandatory. The fields that do not contain * are optional. After defining all course details press button Save.
Course details completed in this section will be previewed in the preview page of each course created in your organization.
After pressing the Save button in the Details section, you will move forward by pressing on the Curriculum button. In this section, you will have the following fields: Sections, Lectures, Quizzes, and Articulate.
In order to create your course, you will have to define the sections of the course. These sections can be associated with the chapters of the course.
For creating a section you will have to have followed the below steps:
Define your course section by typing the name for each section.
If more sections have to be created you can add them by pressing the “+ Section” button and press the Save button.
If you have created all the sections needed, press the “Next” button in order to continue to the next step in creating a course, which is defining lectures. You can also press the Lectures button without pressing the “Next” button.
In this subsection will be uploaded the materials for the course. Different types of materials can be added by dragging and dropping or uploading them from your computer directly. The materials to be uploaded can have any type of extension (document: .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, video, video plus transcript, audio). The time will be estimated automatically for each lecture in accordance with the type of content.
Each section created must contain minimum a lecture. If no lecture is allocated to a section, the course cannot be published.
There are two options to upload lectures to a course:
- Directly on the section by selecting them from your computer or drag & drop them directly to the section.
- Uploading them on the Lecture Files section and after dragging them to Sections.
Each course will have defined a time estimation that will be displayed in hours and minutes and will represent the necessary time to be spent in order to complete the course. It will be calculated automatically by different criteria which will be applied to the lectures.
Quizzes need to be created separately from the curriculum and added afterward. It is recommended to create all necessary elements before creating the curriculum, so as to avoid unnecessary steps.
In order to add a quiz press Import button or Add button from the quizzes section. By pressing the import button you will have the possibility to select a quiz already created. By pressing the Add button you will face the possibility to create a quiz, question by question.
In order to create a quiz, you will need to define the following items:
- Quiz Name
- Description - a short summary describing the quiz
- Minimum questions to answer - the number of questions that a student has to answer
in order to pass the quiz
- Allow user to see results after finish- tick the checkbox in order to give access to students to view results
- Allow to retake the quiz - tick the checkbox in order to give access to students to retake quiz
- Random questions - tick the checkbox in order to generate random questions on different categories to different users. By clicking the checkbox, it will be mandatory to select a number of questions per category. For example, you have a list with 600 questions, from which you want to generate 4 questions from each category. Therefore, by defining the number of questions by each category, the students will receive a different quiz with 4 questions by each category
- Timed quiz - tick the check-box in order to set time on a quiz
Questions will be defined in the same section in the right part of the screen. Each question will include Question sentence, Simple/Multiple Answer possibility, Question category, Answers and Explanation (the explanation of the correct answers). By ticking the checkbox from the front of the answers we define the correct answers. Therefore, if you want to define the correct answers, you just need to check the box in front of the answer.
In the Materials section, you can add different materials or links to course lectures. The materials can be downloaded by the student and represent additional information related to the course. The materials will appear below the lecture where they were allocated.